$120 per foursome
Sun Nov 17, 2019
Check-in begins at 9AM
On Sunday, November 17th The Majestic Golf Course will once again by hosting "BIRDIE DAY". This is a 10am shotgun start playing 18 holes, the green fees collected that day will be donated to Gleaners so that they can provide food for needy individuals during the Holiday Season. This is our 24th year of hosting "BIRDIE DAY" and every year has been a success. We hope you can come out that day and join in the fun of giving back to our community. Please sign up today as foursomes are limited and are filling up fast. This event has sold out every year we've held it.
For those of you who have participated in the past, here are the reasons why we are changing the sign-up:
1. We don't have adequate freezer space onsite for all the turkeys we receive
2. Gleaners will be able to take the cash raised and negotiate a better deal for more pounds of turkey than we can do bringing them in one at a time
3. Gleaners will not have to store the turkeys we collect, rather they can pick them up from the store as needed
4. We end up turning golfers away as this event fills up every year. Then on the day of the event we get several "no-shows" that had spots we could have filled. This way everyone is committed to the event.
5. Gleaners will no longer need to find truck drivers and volunteers for a Sunday afternoon pick-up of the turkeys we have collected. Those volunteers were in short supply on past Sundays.
IT IS NO LONGER NECESSARY TO BRING TURKEYS WITH YOU, THIS SIGNUP WILL COVER YOUR ENTRY INTO BIRDIE DAY.
In the event we have bad weather that causes the cancellation of Birdie Day, all names signed up will be kept on a list in the pro shop at The Majestic. Players on that list will be allowed one 18 hole round that must be redeemed no later than April 30, 2020. It is important that when signing up forthe event, you include names for all players in your group and not mark them as "TBD". Only players on the sign up list will be allowed their Birdie Day round in 2020.
18 holes of golf, all proceeds benefit Gleaners of Livingston Co.
The driving range will not be open on Birdie Day